Programs : Budget Sheet
|Budget Item||In-State Student||Out-of-State Student|
|Penn State Tuition for Semester *||$10,403.00||$20,008.00|
|Education Abroad Administrative Fee for Semester *||$250.00||$250.00|
|Estimated Round Trip Airfare||$1,500.04||$1,500.00|
|Books and Supplies||$200.00||$200.00|
|Additional Personal Expenses||$2,800.00||$2,800.00|
|Dormitory Room Deposit||$300.00||$300.00|
|Residence permit (obtain in country)||$150.00||$150.00|
Tuition and Program Fee
As institutions around the world determine program costs at different times, it is difficult for Education Abroad to provide actual cost information until shortly before the beginning of a program. You are encouraged to consult this document on a regular basis as it is frequently updated with the most current cost information and billing information available.
Students are assessed the standard University Park Penn State Tuition and Technology Fee, an Eduction Abroad Program Fee, and an Education Abroad Administrative Fee.
The billable costs include:
- Housing (single room in a student dormitory)
- Cultural programs
- Administration fee
- Public transportation pass
- German health insurance
Student Visa Cost
The actual cost of the visa will vary depending on the type of visa required and the student's country of citizenship. The Consulate General of the host country reserves the right to change their visa fees without prior notice. For exact pricing, students should contact directly the nearest Consulate for the host country.
Program Withdraw/Refund Policy
Regardless of the reason and effective date of withdrawal, it is the responsibility of students to immediately notify Education Abroad in writing and to understand the implications of their withdrawal actions.
- The Education Abroad Administrative fee will be assessed to students' bursar bill regardless of the reason and effective date of withdrawal.
- In certain cases, partial program expenses may be refundable but only to extent that Education Abroad can recover expenses incurred on behalf of the student.
- Any adjustment of tuition charges will be made according to the Tuition Adjustment Schedule as determined by the Office of the Bursar.
- Students should also consult the withdrawal and refund policies of the abroad institution.
For more information, please consult the University Senate Policy on Withdrawal and Leave of Absence.
|* Billable item|